PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Sutliff 515-RC1 in the Briarlee Illustrious.

The new pup is unfortunately bringing to surface a lot of grief for the lost pup.
This too shall pass…
Okay if it doesn’t for awhile - our new-ish pup mostly makes my wife think of the great boy we lost earlier this year - I think of him every day and 16 years of happiness makes for good memories that are easier to reflect on every month. 🙏🏻✌️

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
As a dusting of snow begins to fall on this chilly late autumn morning, I'm parked out on the porch partaking in some Cornell & Diehl Briar Fox in a Dr. Grabow Lark.

IMG20231111105639~2.jpg

Briar Fox is a rather unique blend, in that it's probably the only pipe tobacco I've ever smoked that I could simply describe as "plain tobacco". It's a fairly equal mix of nutty Burleys and grassy Virginias, with just enough unsweetened Black Cavendish to give the smoke a good body. None of the tobacco retailer or review sites ever mention that there's Black Cavendish in it, but there most certainly is and it's used to good effect.

In any case, if someone came to me and said, "I just want a plain pipe tobacco. No froufrou toppings, no added flavorings, and none of those strong tasting condiment tobaccos like Latakia, Dark Fired Kentucky, or Perique. Just plain tobacco, daggummit!" I'd have to respond with, "Relax old dude, here's some Briar Fox. Try it, you'll like it." And he would like it, too.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Blustery fall day! Best outdoor retrieving session ever for the puppy - 7 months old this week, been taking things nice and easy with training and paying off. She’s gassed and found the cool granite in front of the fireplace and I’m in the garage and the dogs’ favorite song came on the XM, lol. Nording Woodcock and Nording (McClelland) Hunter Labrador to mark the milestone. View attachment 260576View attachment 260577View attachment 260578
Nice grain on that Nording. I have one myself, and would buy another in a heartbeat. Always appreciate the dog pics, too. My hounds are snoozin'

5 bros in the Kai Billiard.

20231111_115435.jpg
20231111_115603.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com