PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Sam's Flake in the Briarworks 10th Anniversary Zulu with iced decaf. Nice and distinct (to me) sweet jar note of prune. Tore up the flake and dried for a spell on some paper. Chamber fits one whole flake just right.
View attachment 260381
Man, I really like this pipe! Have curbed my pipe acquisitions for near a year. Focusing on enjoy the 50 odd pipes I own. But this pipe is creating an itch I might have to scratch? Don’t own a Zulu. How’s it smoke?

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Shane Ireland at Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production.
View attachment 260394

Sam the Scamp showed up this afternoon, ready to eat and play. After he ate, he cried for my attention.
View attachment 260400

Then, he wanted to smoke my Peterson X155.
View attachment 260402
Something tells me Sam's days of being a feral are coming to an end.:)

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
After losing our beloved Kevin before his first birthday, we felt obligated to let the breeders know what had transpired.
They expressed sympathy and remorse, and offered us another pup. We went back and forth and decided to accept their gracious offer.
Meet Colin, named after my dear friend RoadWeazel who left this earth July ‘2021.
1792 mixed with various VA flakes in the fleabay meer, waiting for him to pee outside before bringing him inside.
Better pics will be boring y’all ad nauseam for sure.
View attachment 260414
So sorry for your loss.
Didn't know you were a dachshund guy. I've got 2 minis.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I've got only one Bakelite stem in the collection but it's in my top 3 or 4 stems. It has a rigid texture not unlike acrylic stems but it sure feels more forgiving.
Yeti uses it perhaps more than anyone.
Yep, I think I read the dust is very toxic, it’s probably not a picnic to work with, stems are hard one way or the other. 😂 Yeti is a great example, but many artisans use the material so one could request on commission.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Right?

And I'll bet many sea rocks had some nice grain and 1 unacceptable flaw. You look at enough Castellos and get an idea of what they will and will not pass off as smooth.

Although I don't own any, a little pinprick sandpit or 2 would not be a deal breaker for me.

I was eyeing this Skovgaard last night...
I’ve been eyeing that one as well, I’m pipe broke though! 😂 I love my scovgaard, I think it’s a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.