PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Can you imagine them staining that pipe black?
Right?

And I'll bet many sea rocks had some nice grain and 1 unacceptable flaw. You look at enough Castellos and get an idea of what they will and will not pass off as smooth.

Although I don't own any, a little pinprick sandpit or 2 would not be a deal breaker for me.

I was eyeing this Skovgaard last night...

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
This was last night. I bought this rusticated Pete 69 back in June and just now decided it was time to give it a shot. I finished up a tin of Skiff Mixture in it.
Even decided to live dangerously. I usually clean out the bowl coating on them but this time I fired it up without doing so. It didn't effect the flavor as far as I could tell.
Excellent performer. Nice size. Works for me.
Was outside in the drizzle, enjoying a bit of Laphroig along with it. 'Twas a wonderful evening.

View attachment 260380
Nice looking pipe. The right side kinda reminds me of the rustication Mike Bay is doing.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Shane Ireland at Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_X155.jpg

Sam the Scamp showed up this afternoon, ready to eat and play. After he ate, he cried for my attention.
Sam_Meow1.jpg

Then, he wanted to smoke my Peterson X155.
Sam_pipe.jpg

Attachments

• Sam_Meow1.jpg
    Sam_Meow1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Sam_pipe.jpg
    Sam_pipe.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Right?

And I'll bet many sea rocks had some nice grain and 1 unacceptable flaw. You look at enough Castellos and get an idea of what they will and will not pass off as smooth.

Although I don't own any, a little pinprick sandpit or 2 would not be a deal breaker for me.

I was eyeing this Skovgaard last night...
Pinpoint size pits never bothered me much.
I've never been big on Castellos (I've had 3), but I appreciate their quality and rep.
Actually, I do have a Collection Occhio in my sights (granted, bigger than my typical).. there's just something about it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Breaking in this new pipe that my benefactor gifted me. Now smoking year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a full bend barley sandblast Peterson Anniversary 1898-2023 No. 172/330 302 brandy military mount with a silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem.
Peterson_Anniversary125_302.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
After losing our beloved Kevin before his first birthday, we felt obligated to let the breeders know what had transpired.
They expressed sympathy and remorse, and offered us another pup. We went back and forth and decided to accept their gracious offer.
Meet Colin, named after my dear friend RoadWeazel who left this earth July ‘2021.
1792 mixed with various VA flakes in the fleabay meer, waiting for him to pee outside before bringing him inside.
Better pics will be boring y’all ad nauseam for sure.
4A3D418F-4E08-4BAD-B63E-C76102B80528.jpeg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Another busy day in the yard and completing my project to put a new roof on the hay manger before winter.
Finally had some time to sit down in the amazing sun and enjoy a cup of coffee and some Uhle’s Blend 44 in my Armellini freehand.
Thanks to all the Veterans out there for your service!
3B2DE77B-B2DD-4292-81A5-800625F1F8F7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.