PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
More of the same in a Herbaugh Cutty with Bakelite stem. The stem material is soft enough to be comfortable while not having oxidation problems.
View attachment 260230
I've always been curious about Bakelite. Sounds like an in-between of vulcanite and acrylic. I love my vulcanite but the lazy in me allows oxidation to happen a little too much.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the last third of this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
Dark Plug in a short army 80s. got some of that much needed rain today
0hQeJwzl.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I've always been curious about Bakelite. Sounds like an in-between of vulcanite and acrylic. I love my vulcanite but the lazy in me allows oxidation to happen a little too much.
It’s comfortable, and I like some of the colors. I’m not much for the super exotic colors though. I will be prioritizing it as a preferred stem material from now on.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
This was last night. I bought this rusticated Pete 69 back in June and just now decided it was time to give it a shot. I finished up a tin of Skiff Mixture in it.
Even decided to live dangerously. I usually clean out the bowl coating on them but this time I fired it up without doing so. It didn't effect the flavor as far as I could tell.
Excellent performer. Nice size. Works for me.
Was outside in the drizzle, enjoying a bit of Laphroig along with it. 'Twas a wonderful evening.

1699653944343.png

1699654517347.png

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've got only one Bakelite stem in the collection but it's in my top 3 or 4 stems. It has a rigid texture not unlike acrylic stems but it sure feels more forgiving.
Yeti uses it perhaps more than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.