PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a 2017 smooth, straight medium brown made in France Comoy’s Riband 298 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Riband298_Canadian.jpg

ThomasS

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Nice Pipe there, how is the taste compared to briar? puffy puffy puffy
Briar has a sweet fragrance that the olive doesn’t. It’s very neutral IMO, with only the very faintest vinegary overtone when fully warm. Not as strong as walnut, but noticeable.

It doesn’t seem to get any warmer than briar, but I do my best to smoke slowly so that is probably a bigger factor.

It is a bit lighter than a briar of the same size.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Pegasus in a no name Italian basket pipe. When I first started really smoking burley, this was the pipe that I used, and then 90% of my pipes became burley pipes and I kinda forgot I even owned it. This thing smokes everything I put in it extremely well. It gets a little warm sometimes, but it's always dry. I'm not really a smoker that can pick out flavors, I just love smoking, but this pipe really brings out the chocolatey notes in burley blends. At least enough for me to notice.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Pipes, Pours, & Perique in my Castello shape 215.

IMG-1248.png

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
This IMP meerschaum full of GL Pease Gaslight. I’ve never liked how this colored and wish it still looked new. But the good news is I call this my pipe my work horse. If I am ever reluctant to smoke a blend in any of my briars I’ll pull this out before a cob.

Now this gas light reminds me of how an aromatic can withstand the test of time because it’s been in the original tin and open for about a year lol.

View attachment 311122
Enjoy it, I would kill for my meer to color like this 😂

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Stuff burns slow even after eight years in a jar. Watching the Dodgers-D-Backs game.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.