PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Beautiful sunny and warm evening in Maryland. On the deck smoking some Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a Savinelli Estella 316EX. Some Sagamore rye on the side and good music on the Bluetooth speaker. Wishing everyone out there well!View attachment 311956

Beautiful pipe. I love the 316 shape. I am considering a 316 for a future purchase. Do you find the wide, relatively shallow chamber creates a drier smoke compared to a more narrow, taller chamber?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this hot and humid, sunny day, and am near the finish of this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke. Getting ready to watch the Mets-Guardians game.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
The fishing and beach combing have been great.
I heard this years ago, true, I have no idea but it sounds good. This guy use to walk the beach. In a certain area he would sometimes these flat,grey, encrusted, what he thought were cool stones. He enjoyed finding them because they made great skipping stones across the water. He'd find one and sling it back into the ocean. Turns out they were ship wreck silver Doubloons! He couldn't tell what they were with the corrosion. Talk about a waste of money!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Decided to delve into the Cellar after lunch today. Decided on this tin of Feb 2019 GLP Cario. Packed the Altinay Dubmeer, some water and headed to the front porch to see if the forecasted thunderstorm materialized.
Tin note of raisin spice cake and beautiful ribbon cut that is easy to prepare and pack. Moisture is perfect out of the tin.
First impressions are wow! Subtle sweetness from Virginias compliments the wonderful Orientals that provide some spice. The Perique is ever so there adding depth to the sweet and spice. I pick up some lemon citrus and what I’ve decided is banana bread with walnuts. Very smooth and lite.IMG_1612.jpegIMG_1613.jpeg
First time ever smoking this blend. Absolutely first rate smoke and a great baccy for the upcoming summer months .

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Cleaned a few pipes, broke down boxes for recycle, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly danger, and am still watching the ball game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.