PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago. This'll do it for me today. Reading baseball box scores.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Tuesday was International Tennessee Whiskey Day, and I poured some Jack Daniel's the Sinatra 3-2-1 way (three bergs, two fingers of Jack and one splash of water), went out to the gazebo on a beautiful, sunny and breezy day, and smoked a Dreams of Cuba Limited Edition 7/54 Gran Piramide, that my wife bought me seven years ago at the Tarpon Springs shop.
Great tipple, fabulously delicious cigar (I smoked it 'til it singed my moustache), and an all-round magnificent afternoon.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
As I was pondering on my smoke of Mac Baren's Three Nuns last night I couldn't help but feel that it reminded me of another blend I hadn't smoked in quite awhile: Presbyterian Mixture!

IMG20240522073055~2.jpg

Religious naming similarities aside there's also a definite similarity in tin note, as I'm inclined to think that Mac Baren uses the same selection of Virginias for the base of both Presbyterian and Three Nuns, and the overall flavor profile of a bready, grassy Virginia accentuated by a touch of sweetness and an ample portion of spice is much the same in both blends as well. In the case of Three Nuns the spice comes from Dark Fired Kentucky, whereas with Presbyterian the spice is coming from the Orientals and an almost imperceptible amount of Latakia, but they're both very much variations on the same theme.

When I first started my pipe journey Presbyterian Mixture was the second blend I remember ever buying a tin of, and I don't think I appreciated it very much back then, but as time as gone on and my palate has grown I think it's something I really enjoy now. An honest Virginia with a good bit of spice and a touch of sweetness seems to be just the thing for me at the moment, so I imagine I'll have no trouble smoking through both my recently acquired tin of Three Nuns and this tin of Presbyterian Mixture with a couple years of age on it.puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.