PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side lunch. I'm half way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
A parfait of C&D Autumn Evening under some Sutliffe 507-S Navy Flake in the Vauen Olaf bent egg in the yard pondering the holiday. Saw what I thought was a hornet flying around the yard but it turned out to be an orangey baby monarch butterfly that finally rested on some clover; a six pointed tiger beetle in the grass; and overhead way up ... a great blue heron flying north to the reservoir probably to nest; they live along the shore and Connecticut river but they nest inland along ponds and lakes. Great smoke too !

Internet pictures:

1685388890070.png

1685389044205.png
1685389265561.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Mild sprinkling has canceled out my second set of walking reps.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Got my chores done. Leg of Lamb on the smoker. Time for a leisurely Lunt.
Vauen Luxus bent Billiard with some PS LBF. A mug of 50/50 kombucha and black ice tea.
View attachment 224815
Smoked leg of lamb? I'm intrigued.

If lamb shank is on the menu, odds favor I'm ordering it. With numerous Greek and Middle Eastern places in Metro Detroit, it's not hard to find.

My grandparents and great grandparents used to roast lamb and other meats in the parks. A swig of Ouzo or Metaxa was taken every time the meat was turned. When the meat was done, so were the men. They also brought cooking on kabobs to the masses of Detroit, with the non-Armenians wondering why meat was being cooked on sticks (and why did it smell so good).

Status
Not open for further replies.