PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Smoked leg of lamb? I'm intrigued.

If lamb shank is on the menu, odds favor I'm ordering it. With numerous Greek and Middle Eastern places in Metro Detroit, it's not hard to find.

My grandparents and great grandparents used to roast lamb and other meats in the parks. A swig of Ouzo or Metaxa was taken every time the meat was turned. When the meat was done, so were the men. They also brought cooking on kabobs to the masses of Detroit, with the non-Armenians wondering why meat was being cooked on sticks (and why did it smell so good).
I enjoyed the story of your Grandparents very much!
For my wife and I, lamb is our favorite meat. It’s the main reason I raise sheep.
I smoke the leg like a brisket. Low heat and smoke for around 2.5- 3 hours. Then I wrap it in butcher paper to finish it off to 150 deg. We enjoy it as a main course and use the remainder of the trimmings to make Gyros, robust salads and smoked lamb soup. Got some fresh pita bread I made in the wood fired oven on Friday night ready to go.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lane Limited HGL in a MM cob (that looks acorn shape to me) with a Forever stem, slightly bent. Started off with Corona beer and pretzels before we have our pork chops and fried potatoes with some steamed asparagus. The sun finally came out and I'm almost tempted to fly the flag for Memorial Day for about thirty minutes, just afraid I might get distracted and let the sun set on it. Flag etiquette lives, if only with a few. Happy Memorial Day to all those observing it.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GH Broken Scotch Cake in the 9B

52891069693_e0460cf149_o.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Smoking while smoking:

View attachment 224787

Home slaughtered/butchered ribs and hickory in the smoker, 2017 Carolina Red Flake in the Ropp Vintage Belge.

Thanks to @Sjmiller CPG for the outstanding leaf, and to @Ahi Ka for the sweet pipe.
Nice set up. I have a similar grill. Brinkman Smoke n Pit Professional. I got it 25 years ago. Charcoal and wood is the only way to go.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff VaPer Plug in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03 with a silver band and tapered black vulcanite fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Been a while since I smoked this pipe.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_2001_03.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Finishing up the last of this KBV Jupiter Slices in my Il Duca Cherrywood.
View attachment 224703
Now that I’ve unlocked the secret to keeping this blend lit, I find it to be one sweet, extremely satisfying smoke. This coming from a man who normally cannot smoke red Virginia without serious bite issues.

Have you tried drying them crispy? I find that a lot of VAs, I have to dry fairly crisp, or quite crisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.