PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I enjoyed the story of your Grandparents very much!
For my wife and I, lamb is our favorite meat. It’s the main reason I raise sheep.
I smoke the leg like a brisket. Low heat and smoke for around 2.5- 3 hours. Then I wrap it in butcher paper to finish it off to 150 deg. We enjoy it as a main course and use the remainder of the trimmings to make Gyros, robust salads and smoked lamb soup. Got some fresh pita bread I made in the wood fired oven on Friday night ready to go.
That sounds wonderful!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave, and am off to the studio with a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking this morning from a new small batch of "Frankenstein" mixture (selfmade from scraps and leftovers of 4 tobaccos, put together in a vase). This "never know what to expect", fusion, mix&match type of tobacco is for me always interesting despite (or probably thanks to) its contradictions and it has never failed to satisfy me.
Sometimes I think about buying a large sealed vase, empty 4-5 pouches or tins in it, transfer a quantity to a smaller vase for everyday's use, smoke only that and let the "other story" end... We' see.
In a MM Corncob pipe.
Have a nice Tuesday good people!

Frankenstein mixture - Corncob pipe.JPG

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
While my wife worked in the garden on a gorgeous afternoon, sunny, warm, bright, I smoked a Micallef Torcedores Churchill.
She and I shared three tumblers-full of bergs, Bombay Sapphire Gin and Fever Tree tonic, before the whole family, my daughter, son-in-law and the grandkids, enjoyed a Memorial Day barbeque. We made a point of taking a moment of prayer and remembrance of those who made it possible to enjoy the freedoms for which they fought.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is 2019 Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Time to feed the ferals, and read baseball box scores.
J.Everett_Author.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Well, I fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave a few minutes ago. Just went back out to take out the garbage, and saw one of them left me a dead mouse on the door mat. This makes two days in a row. I suspect it was Daisy, but I don't know for sure. Daisy is still outside, but Tomato's off doing something somewhere. Guess one or both really are grateful. Or maybe they like to trade? :)

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
My mouth is watering……
I enjoyed the story of your Grandparents very much!
For my wife and I, lamb is our favorite meat. It’s the main reason I raise sheep.
I smoke the leg like a brisket. Low heat and smoke for around 2.5- 3 hours. Then I wrap it in butcher paper to finish it off to 150 deg. We enjoy it as a main course and use the remainder of the trimmings to make Gyros, robust salads and smoked lamb soup. Got some fresh pita bread I made in the wood fired oven on Friday night ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.