PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Getting ready to watch the Rangers-Tigers game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Are those LJ Peretti cans resealable? I have a couple but don’t want to open till I have more jars unless they are usable. Thanks!
I trust paint cans for paint and high VOC substances. I reckon is just as good as a jar if clean. I am comfortable with them for storing / aging tobacco. I first check them when received that all is in order and seal is good and no dents. I make sure rims are clean and press the lid back down. Good to go years and years in my environment.

Peretti packs the 8 and 16oz tins pretty tightly so if you desire a loose pack for aging, you may want to portion some out regardless.

I am not concerned about the polyethylene bags inside the tins interacting with the tobacco. I do not want the tobacco in direct contact with the steel however -- then I would be concerned for potential corrosion. I'm not sure how the old 'cutter tins' were packaged. Was the tobacco straight in steel cans? People seem to be happy when opening many of these old tins...

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
Peterson System Pipe Numerical Smoke~Off continued:
This is the Peterson Straight System 31 with GH & Co. Dark Flake Aromatic. It is the smallest bowl in a system pipe made. Yes it too has a small reservoir directly beneath the bowl & provides a very dry smoke.
StraightSystem31.jpg
This is maybe the last of this series until my 305 system arrives. Then as requested, I will take a group pic to illustrate size differences. be well...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Just been making elderflower cordial. It smells fantastic! Picked the elderflowers from the trees at Inkerman and got the organic lemons from Day Zero in Buxton. Already had the honey and bought 1kg of caster sugar when I ordered from Iceland. None of the ingredients came in plastic packaging. Going to re-use empty pop bottles to bottle it as well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this cloudy, very humid day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.