PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Administrator
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Experiment this afternoon. CS Old Toby in my Erica Pete System second XXL hand made with 22.5mmx52.5 mm chamber. I suspect they cut it down 3mm because of a pit at top of bowl thereby making it a second. The experiment was removing the army mount stem and substituting my Barontini 1/2 spigot 9mm stem to which i added a piece of silicone straw to thicken the stem. It worked well sitting at end of shank only going in halfway. It was air tight and secure as long as I didn't move too much. The 1/2 bowl of tobacco smoked cool and dry and all the way down to ash but it took almost an hour ... its a big bowl. The filter was shot and cannot be used for a second bowl. It did not effect the "system"

I just wanted to see if it would work and it did fairly well. As for the smoke ... you can't beat Old Toby in a Pete system ... second or not !
I may have to get a filtered pete house or pub pipe now or have a second stem made....

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Kohlhase & Kopp Winter Time 2021 in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Close to finishing the review as well.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Paradoxical (Signature Series) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Reviewing while waiting for the Braves-Orioles game to start.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

tmcg81

Lifer
May 8, 2020
NJ
Some 9 year old MacBaren Navy Flake in a Mauro Armellini bent billiard. I've been dreaming about this smoke all day. I had a long day of building stages and truss structures in the sun and it feels good to be out my boots and hard hat. This is the oldest tobacco I've ever smoked, and I gotta say, I'm digging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.