PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
Peterson System Pipe Numerical Smoke~Off continued:
So... after 17 comes 18- the D18, which is the shape of the Peterson Pub Pipe. This is a Deluxe System pipe with the Patented Peterson System. It is a large bowl & can be smoked for a long time, or just do a gravity fill and it won't last for hors, but still a good while. I took my rusticated pipe and 'modified' to set on its own for breaks while reading or doing other things. It smoke so great & I love this pipe!
d18PubSett.jpg
In it I am smoking a homemade blend I call "1st Press" (clever, no?) puffy:rolleyes:
Behind it are two tobacco presses which I got from UpArrow. They work very well & I am delighted to have them.

You can read more about my PubSetter below & about the tobacco presses.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Been at Tribe in Holmesfield again today for Introduction to Bushcraft. We've been identifying woodland plants, shelter building, tying knots and firelighting. I had a go at flint & steel / bow drill firelighting and when I eventually got a fore going I celebrated by lighting my Pollock clay of Ennerdale Flake with the fire tinder. No matches or lighter involved! Been sawing logs this evening; got 2 bags of firewood ready for Jane tomorrow.
Here's a photo of me with the bucksaw I made:
One of the Tribe staff was making a carved wooden sword; it looks great and I've asked him to bring it to show me when it's finished!
Smoked all my pipe baccy now!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Drying a generous fistful pinch of Ashton Winding Road, to go in a Savinelli Tortuga 614 faux-Hungarian. A little bit spent after a day of work on the property, but the cloud cover and cool temperature made it somewhat tolerable. Going back and forth between the charcoal and balsa filters on all my Savs--so far, I seem to be favoring the balsas, but we'll see.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Common raven, California towhee, Mountain chickadee, and Mourning dove.

Now eyeing the Brobdingnagian bottle of Johnnie Walker Red in my kitchen with anticipation... 😁

tortuga.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Yachtsman Plug in my Alden bamboo billiard.

632-EA926-37-DC-4-B4-B-B5-CD-FC48015-F3-E8-F.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, a rack and a half of baby back ribs and snow peas dinner with a small bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to clean a few pipes.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, a rack and a half of baby back ribs and snow peas dinner with a small bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to clean a few pipes.
View attachment 224651
You do love your snow peas!! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.