PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. No walks for now, and not likely later either due to rain. Watching the Yankees-Padres game. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink on this chilly, rainy day. I just discovered that Daisy the Fearl Princess somehow snuck in when m'lady left to go shopping because she just plopped her head down on my foot. I should put her back out, but she really wants warmth and attention. It's a good thing Suzy and Molly are snoozin' in the bedroom because they hate other cats, so I'll leave sneaky Daisy where she is until I get up to get my next smoke.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Double header last evening, Esoterica Tilbury in a Ser Jacopo blast Dublin with a serpentine shank and saddle stem, and GH&Co. Irish X black rope Virginia in a MM maple hardwood apple shape bent Zenon with a nickel band and forest green stem.

Thursday I took an AARP Smart Driver Course, in person, about three hours, a well-taught (depending on the volunteer instructor) refresher and update for drivers over 55. Interested? To find a nearby classroom course, visit aarp.org/findacourse40, or to register for the online course visit aarp.org/driversafe14.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Made a bucksaw at Tribe Bushcraft in Derbyshire; I'm helping build a replica Viking roundhouse there like this one in Norway: Rundhus Avaldsnes Vikingtid - https://avaldsnes.info/en/vikinggard/rundhus/?fbclid=IwAR0EoKViWNCUJDDAVOxYMv4OslNTbfc0hqhnxL2vnfkkYzQN-NWwr1UUtSQ Got 4 of the 8 pillars in now; I helped fell the birch trees for them using my bucksaw! Would be good to sleep in it once it's finished! When I go there, I like to wear my Viking shirt and arming cap; I fit in much better in the woods than in town... Taking my clay pipe and Ennerdale Flake when I do the firelighting tuition; it would be fun to light my clay pipe from the fire without matches or a lighter. When I went to the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event at Cromford Mill, the blacksmith lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge! I could use an empty pipe tobacco tin for my firelighting kit.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2013 E-soterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching the Braves-Phillies game. Just finished cleaning a few pipes.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. Haven't smoked this tobacco or pipe (which is dedicated to the mighty delicious Strang) in quite a while, but it was time to do so. Glad I have an aged stash of this blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin.jpg

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
It's Merschaum madness tonight! Fun fact, these are all @ashdiggers cast offs. Hey, one man's junk is another man's treasure. And, I treasure all of these bad boys. I got St. Espresso in 2 and my own blend, "Chesterton" (as in GK), in another. I need 3 pipes to get through John Wick: Chapter 4 this evening.

View attachment 224434

Oh, and these pipes will be paired with some Blantons. Yeah, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.