PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke PBP beta test in a smooth dark brown medium bend undated Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Pirates game.
Peterson_Kildare 80S bulldog.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Bogie in a Meer...

1JMf67q.jpg

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Watch City Simply VOriental in a Bertram 120. 6 months in a jar has been extremely kind to this blend. Liked it fresh but LOVE it now. Anyhow, it’s a lovely evening on the deck with perfect weather, a cold beer in hand, good tunes, and a 3 day weekend at the beach ahead. Life is good!
5A42E1EE-E99F-4E44-8B22-E2E41ECBD8B1.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after taking out the trash and recycle cans to the street, did a load of dishes, and dinner was a salad, cobia and asparagus with strawberries for dessert. I've a tad more than a third of a bowl left of year 2017 Savinelli Doblone d’Oro in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Larry's Twilight Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
According to notes I made when I bought them in the 1980s "From 1 to 2oz"
View attachment 80635

Some 'Cadger' pipe designs are considerably larger than others with the largest being the 'footballers' (4cm at entrance to chamber and 8cm from top to bottom of chamber) and the smallest being the 'plain' - either with spur or without.
Alongside a normal size working man's clay of the period:-
View attachment 80634

While the Brits never attempted to emulate the beautifully elaborate clays with enamelled colours and fantastical designs of the French houses - such as L. Fiolet and Gambier - on the other side of the coin the French never attempted to emulate the massive Cadger pipes of the Brits and as far as I'm aware the only French bowls of comparable size are to be found in their Cherry-wood pipes.
@virkia I'd like to fill one of the giant clay pipes with tobacco and see how long it takes to smoke; I'd probably be puffing on it all day!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Thanks for the birthday wishes warmly received. I made it to 60. That I would, was sometimes in doubt, mainly by my own doing, nevertheless I'm here. I've introduced some of The Amphora Burley to my birthday Rossi Bulldog, drinking coffee, and listening to Bob Marley and The Wailers' Rastaman Vibration album. One of my absolute favorites.
Do you enjoy Steel Pulse?

Status
Not open for further replies.