PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I live in one of those small towns of which you speak and can attest to the high moral makeup of the average person that lives around here. My father in law lives less than an hour from Crater Lake in a town called Prospect. If he wants fish for dinner he goes on down to the lake for some trout and catches some for me too. :)

I'm surrounded by some of the cleanest rivers, forests, and beaches you'll ever see in the United States.

I remember when I first relocated here with my wife (then fiancee) over seven years ago my friends back in Atlanta would ask me how Portland was. I would always reply that I have no idea since I don't live anywhere near there and thank God for that. People hear you live in Oregon and just assume you live in Portland I guess. I'm about 15 mins from California (another place I wouldn't want to live) and Portland is about 15 mins from Washington. I couldn't be further from Portland and still live in the Western half of the state.
I lived in Olympia for a few years and I’ll say that the nature and beauty of the PNW is next to impossible to beat. Astoria and the surrounding area were my favorite places to visit and if I won the big lotto I’d buy a condo there. The summers, as brief as they are, were some of the best I’ve ever experienced and if there a regret of leaving it’s all of these things.

However, with most of the population in the Puget Sound area, as well as down in Portland, being mostly from other places who moved because of whatever reason I found the region to be cold and artificial. The friends I did make were born in the area with families who lived there forever, or had moved out that way decades ago. I love living in and exploring cities but Seattle and Portland just seemed uninteresting and as left leaning in my politics I am, how those regions are governed is a clown show.

I do have visiting central and eastern Washington and Oregon on my bucket list.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Good morning. Been a very busy week but the past few days I’ve been finishing off the tin of Haddos and I must say that although I don’t think it’s a terrible blend by any means, I don’t think I’ll get any more. Having the last of it mixed with some Warped Red Hunt in a Rattrays Goblin with coffee. Also, my thumb is healing up pretty good and I’ll have the stitches out on Monday always fun feeling nerves healing a nice tingling burning sensation but I’m sure the chicks will dig the scar lolIMG_3438.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.