PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off the month with the first third of this bowl smoked of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. Timing can't be perfect all the time. :)
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some low calorie snacking, and a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, and have a third of a bowl left of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Both were extra hungry this morning. It's time to feed Abner, and maybe Sam the Scamp if he's outside.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I was going to smoke some Edgeworth Match, but Abner the Eager was too comfortable laying on my lap, so I couldn't get out of my chair to get it. As soon as I lit up this smoke, Abner got up and found a spot to snooze that wouldn't move. However, Sam the Scamp saw that, and immediately jumped on my lap for attention. Right now, he's by my side so I could post what I hope is my last smoke of the day. Btw, Daisy the Feral Princess is by my feet with her belly in the air.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg
AbnerLapSleep1.jpg

Sam the Scamp sez to Abner "Get your own lap, Mr. Monochromatic. Jim's lap is my lap."
Sam_Lap1.jpg

Sam the Scamp sez "This skinny fella has a warm leg to snooze by."
SamCradle1.jpg

Daisy the Feral Princess is by my feet, staring at Sam, and she sez "Get that runt outta here. The Imperial Feral Princess has spoken!"
DaisyFloorBelly.jpg

Last edited:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Sutliff Cherry Bon Bon in a Jamestown, London Pipe - a 296 (Canadian shape) This may be an aromatic, but it's not hot, goopy, or too light in the nicotine department. I got 4 oz of this to fulfill the requirements to receive a nice storage jar and a couple of free pouches for the Pipes and Cigars IPSD promo.
I find it mild but not too mild. As for any cherry smell or room note, I seldom can detect 'room note' and haven't smoked any in public. A nice mellow smoke with nothing to complain about.

andysc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2012
Laurens, South Carolina
Brown Sliced in a Anatoly Sibiryatkin

PXL_20240229_222516833.PORTRAIT.jpg

Samuel Gawith Full VA Flake in a Bruno Nuttens

PXL_20240301_023141947.PORTRAIT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.