PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
Match Victorian in the Short Army.

Stopped by my closest B&M (cigar lounge with a dozen or so tobaccos, a couple basket pipes, etc) to see if they’ve gotten anything new.
Got thrilled to see new tins, with some decent blends. I reached for a Capstan tin to try and almost threw my shoulder out recoiling from the price tag (just under $30/1.75oz tin). MacB 1.75’s were $25 and 3.5oz tins were $46😬
I like to support local, but c’mon man!
I hear you brother. I guess a consultation could be to compare a tin price to a good cigar, which is only one smoke🤔

Last edited:

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Match Victorian in the Short Army.

Stopped by my closest B&M (cigar lounge with a dozen or so tobaccos, a couple basket pipes, etc) to see if they’ve gotten anything new.
Got thrilled to see new tins, with some decent blends. I reached for a Capstan tin to try and almost threw my shoulder out recoiling from the price tag (just under $30/1.75oz tin). MacB 1.75’s were $25 and 3.5oz tins were $46😬
I like to support local, but c’mon man!
I’m in the same boat. I don’t have a decent store within 120 miles of me. I’ve got a buddy who smokes cigars and I knew one of the local liquor stores had a humidor, so I took him there and they had 1 tin of pipe tobacco. 35$ for a CAO Cherry Bomb tin. Had to pass. 😑

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Those pictures are breathtaking and I’m willing to be they don’t do it any justice compared to actually being there and seeing that first hand in all it’s grandeur. I also bet a winter storm coming off of that is a frightening experience to say the least.
Its one heck of a view and you're right Paul the storms that come up from Antarctica are fierce and there are many ship wrecks along this coastline and some of the stories about loss of life are very painful to read. When this part of the world was discovered and then colonised it became the worlds biggest jail (we spell it gaol) and to the south of us here is Macquarie Harbour and Sarah Island penal settlement (one of my ancestors was the Doctor on Sarah Island). The entrance to Macquarie Harbour is called Hells Gates mostly because of the difficult conditions in gaining access to the harbour but also for the gruesome goings on once inside the harbour and gaol. Men who escaped from the gaol resorted to cannibalism and ate the men they escaped with trying to survive.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Now smoking year 2001 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I jarred a lot of it for future use, but left plenty out to enjoy for a while. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 295570
View attachment 295571
Wow! Those flakes look beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.