PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Hey Jim, is there a method to what you decide to smoke or do you just close your eyes and grab a jar?
Whatever I feel like smoking is always the next smoke. I don't plan it much at all.
I think this is especially true of SPC blends. Was not a fan of Down Yonder but hoping in a years time that will change.
I do like it fresh. I only have the one tin, and not much of that left, but knowing what I know about it, I suspect it will age well.

Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Had a bowl of PSLNF in a MM Dagner Poker while on a walk this afternoon. A bit harsh, definitely should've dried it more. 6.8/10

Bird report: California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, White-crowned sparrow, Spotted towhee, House finch, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, Eurasian collared dove, American crow, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, American robin, and Western bluebird. Another full cast today.

Golf tomorrow, so gotta decide what to bring along. Something with "gold" in it perhaps, as I'm still celebrating gold's record high of 2,200/oz. Golden Sliced? Gold Rush? Michoacan gold? Wait, that one's wrong...I'm not in my early 20s anymore, after all... 😁

JimRoseLV

Can't Leave
Apr 22, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Whatever I feel like smoking is always the next smoke. I don't plan it much at all.

I do like it fresh. I only have the one tin, and not much of that left, but knowing what I know about it, I suspect it will age well.

Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 294622
Thanks Jim!

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Good to see you back here.
Thanks, Ben.
NOTE1 = I may have a new pipe proposition for you at our next Pipe Club Meeting, March 19.
NOTE2 = This week, I'll be trying my first ever bowl of Winchester (Thank You). I've kept your sample "aging" for last two weeks in a baggie.
NOTE3 = I've been dipping into "Craig's Smyrna", along with "Craig's Perique" & "Craig's Latakia". I've added a bit of Smyrna to (your) Union Square, as well as a bit of Perique also to some Union Square. I've been like a kid in a candy store, enjoying mixing up some small batch samples. I thanked Craig previously for the Perique & the Latakia. I'll be sure to thank him for the Smyrna.
NOTE4 = I'm excited to try the Winchester. I've been saving it until last since I had other samples from Pipe Club of Steamworks & Man's Best Friend, still have to try the Peretti 101. Re: Winchester, I'm sort of saving The Best for Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.