PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Beatiful scenery! No trees though... Is this extended? Can you give a spot on the map? Thanks for the nice photo, be well firend.
Thanks, it’s one of my favorite places. I’ll post other pics from there occasionally. It has some amazing views. Yea, not many trees in my part of the world. Picture was taken on a friends private property in far western OK. That pic is just a couple miles from Texas.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Tree cutters in the neighborhood are so loud that I couldn't sleep, so I got up, heated up four slices cinnamon raisin bread, and am now smoking pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sam the Scamp was waiting outside the door when I looked, so I let him come inside to eat, and he's by my side having a snooze.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
The rain has stopped, and I'm onto a bowl of 2015 Black XX twist in a Castello Sea rock Cutty. I bought this tobacco when I hadn't been smoking long, and couldn't understand it! Too strong, too hard to keep lit. But with 10 years of age and sliced so thinly it becomes a shag, it's delicious (although it's still not a regular smoke).
IMG20240312141917.jpg

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I just grabbed this beauty! It was sitting at the tobacco shop for nearly 8 years. It's flawless in construction, and smokes really well.

(Trying to decide if I go filterless 6mm, or install the 3mm plastic filter). In theory, the open space of the shank due to not having a balsa wood filter or plastic insert will throw off the mechanics of the pipe, effect the draw and cause unnecessary condensation) it was engineered to have balsa wood or that plastic rod thingy. I'm not a filter guy, and it's easy to swab out condensation. Plus if I'm getting g the gurgles, 9/10 times I'm just smoking to fast outside. All fixable without the need for a little plastic bit.

Love this little pipe!

Attachments

• 20240312_091828.jpg
    20240312_091828.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 11

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of the last of this tin of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a smooth brown medium bend 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A dublin sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Wait until you see what I replace this blend with in my rotation. :) This will get me to an off diet lunch.
Karl_Erik_Eks.A_Dublin_sitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.