Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
After having some Orlik Golden Sliced this morning and Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in the afternoon, I'm winding down for the night with a bowl of Sutliff Pumpkin Spice in the Country Gentleman. I don't know if I'll still like it as much when the weather gets warmer, but I have been really enjoying Pumpkin Spice these cool late winter evenings the past week.puffy

IMG20240329233625~2.jpg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of 2019 Prince Albert in a straight smooth walnut 1927 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 86 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This model was only made in 1927. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to Gangbusters on the XM.
Kaywoodie_Dublin 86_1927.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Late night with my old friends, Haunted Bookshop and the Dr. Grabow Lark.

20231012213801_IMG_3078~3.JPG

I don't smoke Haunted Bookshop too often anymore, since it tends to really rough up my throat and sinuses, but aroma and flavor wise it really is my all time favorite burley blend. These days I usually smoke Pegasus instead, since removing the perique and replacing it with black canvendish makes it a much kinder and gentler blend on the throat and nostrils, but even though the canvendish is unsweetened I still find Pegasus to have a slight sweetness that I'd prefer it didn't have. Haunted Bookshop gets that dark, musty burley flavor perfect in my book, it's just a shame that it's a little rough on the olfactory bits so I can't smoke it very often. Maybe I'll give Old Joe Krantz Blue a try next, to see if it's similar to Haunted Bookshop and Pegasus but without the condimental perique or black canvendish.puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.