PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
I can see why AroEnglish blends are a thing!
Yup! My first exposure to an "AroEnglish" was from Jack, a very well-liked employee of an Edward's Pipe Shop in Mpls, late 70's, who was so proud of something he created = Edward's Buccaneer, their wonderful Black Cavendish (Vanilla), mixed 50/50 with their powerful Special Balken (50% Latakia).
Some patrons initially thought "WTH? Those two are at opposite ends of the spectrum."
But then, upon trying, their reactions changed completely, into "Wow .... Man .... this is REALLY good!"
And then began numerous variations = Cherry Blend with English .... (etc, etc, etc).
Jack .... a very Good Guy!

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
I wish there was and that we had one here as well still as we had a great B&M in Richmond years ago. DC is now the closest to me but that was my old original from back in the day. I guess times change but sometimes not for the better.
Georgetown Tobacco .... 3144 M St NW, DC, is an awesome B&M store. Across the river in Northern VA (Falls Church) is Old Virginia Tobacco .... 6397 Seven Corners Center, also nice. I've still got tins of Manassas and Gettysburg from '14 resting in my cellar. Tobacco Hut in Fairfax Station could also be worth visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.