PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I definitely will @PaulRVA , here is a pipe smoking story from my trip. The inn I stayed at did not allow any smoking on the premises. When I met the gal in charge I asked her “where exactly are the borders so I can legally smoke my pipe with my morning coffee?” She looked at me and said “ I love pipes, my dad smoked a pipe and I sometimes do” we proceeded to have a conversation about pipes, I actually showed her some of the great pipes on the WAYS forum and she was mighty impressed. She had many questions and ended up telling me to just smoke on my balcony which the pics are from that I posted and just be discreet. So a victory for pipe smoking. There are people that still appreciate it. I saw this old sailor at Anchor BayView attachment 295657
What a great story, thanks for sharing.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Woke up to get a drink of water, and the next thing I knew, Sleepy Suzy, Molly Danger, Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave were in or near the kitchen wanting wet food. It took a little coaxing to get Daisy and Tomato outside because my cats will not eat around any feral. When they quit eating, I'll feed D&T. Knowing I'd be awake for a bit, I did exactly what you folks would expect of me, :) and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Had a bowl of very dry (but still tasty) savinelli Doblone D’Oro in a wax drip radice rind billiard with a caminetto rod stock stem. The stem has a great green/purple color to it which is visible only in the light. Happy smokes! View attachment 295576

I haven’t been to the Midtown location yet, but Other Half is probably our favourite craft brewer. Were you there and on a smoke break, or just happened to snap the shot out front?

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Warped St Espresso in a cob reserved for coffee aromatics. Up early, we've had close to a foot of snow fall overnight with up to 10 more inches predicted today and tonight. Work is closed and my daughter's school is closed so it will be a nice day snowed in.
I miss snow days when my kids were little. Happy smokes and hopefully a snowball fight or two!

Status
Not open for further replies.