PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
If you like that Winchester, I have a pound of it to share.

I've been smoking that Smyrna straight. It's pretty good!
1) The sample of Winchester you gave me (Feb Pipe Club), I filled my Savinelli Capri Oom Paul that night. I've let it "age" for over 2 weeks until tonight, then picked it out. I had enough to fill my Peterson System Standard 301 (Donegal Rocky) with enough left over for another bowl. My review on first ever try = Hey, this must be an aberration because it really can't be as good as it was (?!). Smoked & burned well, great taste, wonderful. I'll try the second bowl in a Canadian just to hold its feet to the fire & try it again. My own "made up Winchester" .... some of your Union Square mixed with Rattray's Black VA .... while very good isn't quite the same.
2) Re: "Craig's Smyrna", I haven't tried it straight, but have been having fun adding it to some VA's & some VaPer's.
Like Jackie Gleason's famous quote .... "How. Sweet. It. Is."

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Next time you do that Mendocino run give me a call. Always wanted to see that area after making a trip up to Humboldt a few years back.
I definitely will @PaulRVA , here is a pipe smoking story from my trip. The inn I stayed at did not allow any smoking on the premises. When I met the gal in charge I asked her “where exactly are the borders so I can legally smoke my pipe with my morning coffee?” She looked at me and said “ I love pipes, my dad smoked a pipe and I sometimes do” we proceeded to have a conversation about pipes, I actually showed her some of the great pipes on the WAYS forum and she was mighty impressed. She had many questions and ended up telling me to just smoke on my balcony which the pics are from that I posted and just be discreet. So a victory for pipe smoking. There are people that still appreciate it. I saw this old sailor at Anchor Bay1710385936842.jpeg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
I definitely will @PaulRVA , here is a pipe smoking story from my trip. The inn I stayed at did not allow any smoking on the premises. When I met the gal in charge I asked her “where exactly are the borders so I can legally smoke my pipe with my morning coffee?” She looked at me and said “ I love pipes, my dad smoked a pipe and I sometimes do” we proceeded to have a conversation about pipes, I actually showed her some of the great pipes on the WAYS forum and she was mighty impressed. She had many questions and ended up telling me to just smoke on my balcony which the pics are from that I posted and just be discreet. So a victory for pipe smoking. There are people that still appreciate it. I saw this old sailor at Anchor BayView attachment 295657
That’s awesome! Beautiful country up your way. I was taken away by the scenery and wished I had more time to spend kicking around. Unfortunately I was there for work,
Which meant a King Air was running the tab and dictating the time spent on the ground and a return to the East Coast. I have to get back in the future now that work is no longer an issue.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
1) The sample of Winchester you gave me (Feb Pipe Club), I filled my Savinelli Capri Oom Paul that night. I've let it "age" for over 2 weeks until tonight, then picked it out. I had enough to fill my Peterson System Standard 301 (Donegal Rocky) with enough left over for another bowl. My review on first ever try = Hey, this must be an aberration because it really can't be as good as it was (?!). Smoked & burned well, great taste, wonderful. I'll try the second bowl in a Canadian just to hold its feet to the fire & try it again. My own "made up Winchester" .... some of your Union Square mixed with Rattray's Black VA .... while very good isn't quite the same.
2) Re: "Craig's Smyrna", I haven't tried it straight, but have been having fun adding it to some VA's & some VaPer's.
Like Jackie Gleason's famous quote .... "How. Sweet. It. Is."
Glad you enjoyed. I'll bring plenty next week.
I recently learned that the Cavendish in Winchester is Dominican Cigar leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.