PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
My Christmas order of tobacco was getting down to scraps but fortunately the mailman delivered a package from SP.Com today ! Lane 1Q, Sutliffe 507C slices, Match Early Morning and C&D Autumn Evening, which will hold me until I decide what I want to try next. So ... first --- 1/2 bowl of fresh Lane 1Q in the Barontini 1/2 spigot bent billiard (20mmx52mmchamber) with 9mm charcoal filter. This batch is unlike the first batch I tried last year ... it seems more english than I remember...but still mild and very tasty and relaxing.

During my brief smoke, ---- (its a sunny day here) --- the two Field Hawks flew into the yard to hunt chipmunks and mice briefly before circling up on the thermals and flying away; a fox woke up from a nap in the leaves on the hillside next to the downed tree and shook itself off before investigating the area for food then trotted to my neighbor's woods; a grey coyote or wolf, I believe) came out of the woods behind my other neighbor's shed for awhile then ran off (unless my neighbor got a big dog ??) It's Spring and things are returning to normal ! P.S. the woodchuck came out of its borrough on Monday afternoon.
Happy Spring and Smokes everyone !

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@halfdan ,
They are Katahdins, a hair bread, developed by a breeder in Maine,USA. They provide excellent meat lambs. Because they are a hair breed, there is no shearing or tail docking. All of this makes for a low maintenance sheep breed that provides excellent meat.
I will post a picture of this years lambs.
Here’s Esther (brown) and Deborah From last year.
View attachment 213036

Ahhhh look at that cute face staring at you! ❤️

How could you eat him.

Father, please don’t eat me! LOL 😆

Not for any spiritual/religious beliefs, but meat makes me feel like crap. I can’t handle the natural fats, oils, it gives me migraines.

I get migraines from food triggers, and it took me years to figure out meats, chicken, fried foods, chips, foods with oils in them etc., really bother me.

Now, I’m pretty much vegetarian and only eating fish.

5152D414-E9C0-42A5-A06F-527172420153.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.