PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going for the full Prince Albert experience (sans piercing, thank you) and going to light up some Prince Albert tobacco in a black, Gutta-percha Figural of King Edward VII of Britain (the Prince Albert depicted on the tobacco tin) with a briar insert, and orific bit, circa early 20th Century, probably the ’teens. I’m breaking in a Thunderbird butane pipe insert in my Prince Albert Zippo.

IMG_20230326_002527.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a straight smooth ebony post-WW2 LHS Sterncrest 91 bulldog with a sterling silver band, a diamond shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
LHS_Sterncrest 91_bulldog.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
My buddies and I had a great Saturday ZOOM.
Lots of pipe and tobacco talk and the usual ball-busting.
I smoked my Upshall rusticated Lovat, filled with slightly rubbed-out Orlik Golden Sliced from a new tin, gifted to me by a friend for my birthday, a couple of weeks ago. It was my first smoke of this blend, and though it was fresh out of the tin, I was very pleased with the rich taste and aroma.
A mug of Upton Tea's Baker Street Afternoon Blend with some orange blossom honey and a splash of Grand Marnier went nicely with the smoke.
(Never mind the Peterson Sherlock Holmes tin, I didn't want to retake the photo)
1679808285522.jpeg

Last edited:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Are my eyes deceiving me, what the flip am I reading here? LOL 😆

‘Our horse is moving in with us’

Well I hope he’s at least paying for his share of the rent. LOL 😆

View attachment 212125
If by "paying" you mean "defecating profusely," then yes, he most certainly will be... :poop: :ROFLMAO:

No better companion activity to mucking stalls than pipe smoking! So there's that.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Finally home and unpacked. 11pm after a week away with no pipe. out to exercise the 6 panel bent lattice meer with some Wessex Brown Virginia Flake and water. Jarred flakes from a tin I have been loving on. The taste is.. flat. ashy. My tastebuds are still working- i sure don't think it is the Rona. WTF? a bit of flavor finally coming in about 1/4 way in. hmm. not delicious tonight. :-(
IMG_3425.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2007 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth brown circa 1950s-60s BBB Contrast 506 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Molly Danger finally came out of the bed room to eat, and though she tends to be a nibbler, she's having extra now.
BBB_Contrast506_Canadian.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. I'll probably end the day with this smoke. Time to check on the ferals.
J.Everett_Author.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Evening all. I’ve been on a self ( family) imposed smoking sabbatical for the last several weeks. Haven’t been able to shake a persistent cough, and the wife immediately zeroed in on the pipe. I begrudgingly agreed to a pause, because frankly I was starting to worry myself. Tests have been run and everything checks out fine, although the speculation is that it’s a long term effect of covid.

I‘ve been left home alone this evening and plan on taking full advantage of the situation. I’m stepping outside on this gorgeous Carolina evening with a bowl of Capstan flake and a pour of Four Gate bourbon. Damn near giddy in anticipation.

Cheers!

View attachment 212121
Sorry to hear that my friend. I wish you the best for your health.

Status
Not open for further replies.