Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Evening all. I’ve been on a self ( family) imposed smoking sabbatical for the last several weeks. Haven’t been able to shake a persistent cough, and the wife immediately zeroed in on the pipe. I begrudgingly agreed to a pause, because frankly I was starting to worry myself. Tests have been run and everything checks out fine, although the speculation is that it’s a long term effect of covid.

I‘ve been left home alone this evening and plan on taking full advantage of the situation. I’m stepping outside on this gorgeous Carolina evening with a bowl of Capstan flake and a pour of Four Gate bourbon. Damn near giddy in anticipation.

Cheers!

418C5660-FDB9-483D-8EC4-52449D793194.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Started smoking last night 2021 Esoterica Brighton in a Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

But I never finished it, and let the pipe sit overnight.

Smoking the rest now, and I must say this blend does really nice sitting over night.

Be well everyone! ❤️

D219480B-3A4C-4050-9C19-F309A498A7B2.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Sutliff Birds of a Feather Anomalous in a Penn Valley Gouda Clay.

View attachment 212100
@craig61a I love that pipe; I think it would suit re-enactment smoking! I've got a Jamestown clay from Old Dominion; this would be my pipe of choice for English Civil War re-enactment - with some SG Cannon Plug or any twist tobacco and a slow match to light it. Need to keep my pipe away from gunpowder though:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of KBV Mr. Christian’s Acadian Flek in a 1980,1983 hall marked medium bend black sandblasted silver band Peterson Donegal 80S Bulldog with a black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem. This is the second Peterson that I bought.
Peterson_80S_Donegal_Bulldog.jpg

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
My dog is much better today after being antibiotics for 24 hours! He hasn't coughed since early this morning. Currently smoking some Esoterica Dorchester in a medium-sized Jeantet lovat.
Jeantet-Lovat-001.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Evening all. I’ve been on a self ( family) imposed smoking sabbatical for the last several weeks. Haven’t been able to shake a persistent cough, and the wife immediately zeroed in on the pipe. I begrudgingly agreed to a pause, because frankly I was starting to worry myself. Tests have been run and everything checks out fine, although the speculation is that it’s a long term effect of covid.

I‘ve been left home alone this evening and plan on taking full advantage of the situation. I’m stepping outside on this gorgeous Carolina evening with a bowl of Capstan flake and a pour of Four Gate bourbon. Damn near giddy in anticipation.

Cheers!

View attachment 212121
It has been nice the past couple of days. I've been taking advantage of the weather to get work done outside. You know how it is around here, it'll go from 70 to 90 faster than I can stomp the gas pedal when the trooper takes the next exit.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California

Cheers!

View attachment 212121@Tar Wheel….welcome back! Enjoy…..love your bar!

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
It has been nice the past couple of days. I've been taking advantage of the weather to get work done outside. You know how it is around here, it'll go from 70 to 90 faster than I can stomp the gas pedal when the trooper takes the next exit.
Crazy, isn’t it?! We’ve had springlike weather since early February and everything is beautiful in full bloom, and then last week have hard freezes every morning to kill it all off. I hope we can get through April before the 90’s and 80% humidity get here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.