PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, unloaded the dishwasher, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger (she really does live up to her nickname at times), and am half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Original_Terracotta.jpg

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: 4:47 am. Back-to-Back bowls of Prince Albert in a new 5" Rattray Distillery 107 rusticated apple, with copper band, and, fully bent Acrylic stem. This pipe is the new 'Twin Big Brother' to my beloved little 4" Rattray Good Deal 99.
Rattray_Bigger.jpg

Stock Photo due to late-night laziness

Community Coffee Decafe light and sweet is the pairing... as I watch Irwin Allen's The Time Tunnel on MeTV's Sci-Fi Saturday Night. Seems this week, that cranky old Time Tunnel has throw Doug & Tony smack into the year 1876, the day before The Battle of Little Big Horn, and left our heroes smack in the middle between Sitting Bull and the 7th Cav Reg of the US Army and Gen. George Armstrong Custer...
TimeTunnel_s01e07_TicTocControls.jpg

The murderous mayhem and massacre is about to begin... This is going to require a 3rd bowl !!! - Sherm Natman

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Everyone will surely disagree with me but I think OGS is a real snooze and I don’t care if it’s sweet like Unicorn tears, I would never buy a product called “Patriot” but that’s my hang-up. The Sutliff Crumble is great as is Veermaster.
Are you hip to Watch City and Ken Byron Ventures? They’re making some incredible Virginia products these days. Old Dominion and 558 Flake at Watch City and Byronic Hiro and Jupiter plug at Ken Byron crush everything on your list in my opinion. The WC blends have Perique but so does OGS. Either way, puff it up and enjoy!
At the store I'm going to order from, they don't have Watch City and Ken Byron Ventures. But thanks for the suggestions.

john19

Nov 27, 2021
Greece
I’ve only smoked Veermaster from your list, it’s a great straight VA.

These two are really great if you haven’t tried them.

John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake
KBV Mr. Christian’s Raven Eye Flake

Rattray’s Brown Clunee, I popped a tin for the first time, I’m finding this to be quite nice. I also have Old Gowrie, I’ve yet to try and a tin of Hal O’ The Wynd, I smoked a little a few years back, nice blend.
In the store where I will order, they don't have them, or some of them are sold out . But thanks for the suggestions.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning, guys. Taking advantage of a relaxing break at home, before lunch. Starting with a bowl of mb virginia flake, in a Ser Jacopo calabash. Accompanied by a scotch whisky of 61,5 % alcoholic strength. I refuse to wash it down with water, what the hell. We have a cool and pleasant day today. I wish you a happy Sunday. God bless and protect you always.IMG_5635[7415].jpg

john19

Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Good morning, guys. Taking advantage of a relaxing break at home, before lunch. Starting with a bowl of mb virginia flake, in a Ser Jacopo calabash. Accompanied by a scotch whisky of 61,5 % alcoholic strength. I refuse to wash it down with water, what the hell. We have a cool and pleasant day today. I wish you a happy Sunday. God bless and protect you always.View attachment 210625
Which Scotch whisky?

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Good Sunday morning all. Early rising for footie again. Had quite a few bowls of Union Square over the last couple of days. Along with HH Pure Virginia, Capstan Blue, and Opening Night, it is one of my favorite straight Virginias. I'm also a big fan of Rattray's Old Gowrie and Hal O' The Wynd (rhymes with mind, not wind). Quite partial also to Three Nuns, Fillmore, Telegraph Hill, and Elizabethan Mixture. WCC Rhythm & Blues and Rouxgaroux when my budget and their drop dates coincide. My Latakia appetite is greatly diminished over the last twelve months, and even my beloved Burley (HH Burley Flake, Amphora Burley, Savinelli Jupiter, Irish Flake) is in a secondary role. The two small batch offerings I would go out on a limb for are the delicious Eight State Burley and C&D Anthology.

I will start today with Pegasus (which I neglected to mention above, then continue the love affair with Union Square. Sutliff Elizabethan Match is available for a change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.