PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Sillem’s Black is one of my favourite blends

A satisfying crossover blend with enough Latakia for flavour.
And aromatic enough for a pleasant room note if smoking around non-smokers
Ah I misread your post as it being your first time trying Sillem's Black and not the first time having it in the cob.

I wonder what other loves we share besides Sillem's Black and banded, cased pipes. 🤔

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little snacking, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Wilke No. 222 in an undated, unbranded straight smooth dark brown made in France Los Alton VBF billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
France_Cant_billiard.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
The family supped sumptuously on an Irish feast prepared by my Irish/Italian wife (and, ooh, St. Joseph’s is Sunday…can pasta and Zeppole be far behind?). The whole day our house was filled with the aroma of simmering corned beef briskets (two of them). After polishing off one and a half of them and all the other trad sides, cabbage, potatoes, soda bread with Kerry Gold butter, and pints of Guinness, we were all filled to bursting.
While my daughter and the grandkids cleared the table and washed the dishes, I had a different mission.
As Bing Crosby, Arcady and The Irish Rovers CDs played in the background, I went to my recliner and smoked my Peterson 2002 POTY, purchased for me by my wife at the Grafton Street store when we toured Ireland in 2002, filled with Peterson’s Sweet Killarney, purchased at the same time. The tin was opened in 2015, but the Boveda packets kept it just right. The pipe and tobacco took me back to that wonderful trip to the Emerald Isle.
An amazing St. Patrick’s family day!

1679123350092.jpeg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
The family supped sumptuously on an Irish feast prepared by my Irish/Italian wife (and, ooh, St. Joseph’s is Sunday…can pasta and Zeppole be far behind?). The whole day our house was filled with the aroma of simmering corned beef briskets (two of them). After polishing off one and a half of them and all the other trad sides, cabbage, potatoes, soda bread with Kerry Gold butter, and pints of Guinness, we were all filled to bursting.
While my daughter and the grandkids cleared the table and washed the dishes, I had a different mission.
As Bing Crosby, Arcady and The Irish Rovers CDs played in the background, I went to my recliner and smoked my Peterson 2002 POTY, purchased for me by my wife at the Grafton Street store when we toured Ireland in 2002, filled with Peterson’s Sweet Killarney, purchased at the same time. The tin was opened in 2015, but the Boveda packets kept it just right. The pipe and tobacco took me back to that wonderful trip to the Emerald Isle.
An amazing St. Patrick’s family day!

View attachment 210333
What a beautiful description of your day. You are a blessed man.

AvgKsHunter

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2023
Half way through this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a smooth straight brown family era Sasieni Mayfair 64 N Canadian with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
View attachment 210336I’m relatively new here by standards of the forum but am curious. Likely been asked many times of you but what are your top rotated tobaccos? Knowing you review a substantial amount (I see your influence in a few places) do you have old faithfuls or does this change frequently? Sorry if a“newb” question, I’m genuinely interested.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Work's done for the day, and I'm chatting with a buddy.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
@AvgKsHunter , Thanks for asking. I can't really answer that question. My tastes have evolved over the years more often than a politician promises. Also, because I purposely don't give opinions in my reviews, I couldn't answer you for that reason as well. I try to write objective reviews as much as my body chemistry will allow me, and listing my favs would go against the standard I try to achieve. Hope you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.