PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Last night, whilst recovering from the, ahem! "experience" of driving in a heavily built up industrial complex in Korea, I settled down with a bowl of Mac Baran Navy Flakes, folded & stuffed half the flake and rubbed out the other half, in a Les Wood Ferndown, *** (note, last I posted about this pipe, I incorrectly stated that it was a ****) paneled Dublin.
Switched over to a 1961 Dunhill 120 F/T, with Peterson DNR, three coins, 2 folded & stuffed, the other rubbed out.
Finished off with a bowl in Tom Eltang Devil Anse, with Sutliff 1849.
Refreshment, was of course the obligatory Apple Fox cider and a Woodford Reserve chaser.
Company for the evening's smoke, was with my boy Norms, who wouldn't sit on the chair, until I made him a nest!

Attachments

• IMG_5368.jpg
    IMG_5368.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5397.jpg
    IMG_5397.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 12

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 MacBaren Three Nuns in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded.
Trevor_Talbert_Lumberman-big.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Grousemoor. I jarred the bag and left some sitting out for 48+ hours. I think it actually dried out some! Watching Manifest. pretty decent. But now on to my book. Peter Hamilton's Salvation series. Gotta see what the aliens are up to.

Plug or Ribbon?

I have a tin from 2018 and 2022, neither needs dry time, they are perfect straight from the tin.

Even if you rubbed out some from the plug, it’s not going to take 48 hrs.

Somethings not right... hmm 🤔

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Now Smoking: I kept mixing-up more JAN1946 PLM Blend and smoking it thru the night, rather than simply file a 10 gram sample away. Eventually, I decided to blend-up and ounce and a half. I broke out my of most favorite pipe, my Brigham Heritage '09, straight and smooth apple with Acrylic bit, and decided to sit and play on Wifey's art computer and make-up a pouch before filing the rest of the tabak away - and see if it will call me back for more tomorrow... or not.
View attachment 207895

Considering I smoked his recipe all night, the least I could would be to give his blend a dedicated pouch to go with it, :LOL: - Sherm Natman

People are going to think Nat Sherman is back in business! LOL 😆

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
View attachment 207958
Iced coffee. Northern Briars Regal. Carter Hall/5100.

I’ve looked at the Northern Briars site in the past, but seeing your pipe, which is quite nice, I had to look again.

I didn’t realize he lives and makes his pipes on a Narrowboat.

It reminded me of the show Britain by Narrowboat, which is quite nice for anyone into boats, to get an idea of what the Narrowboat life is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.