PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Just popped the tin, smoking for the first time, Rattray’s Brown Clunee in a 1931-1967 BBB Wyteway Billiard with a vulcanite stem.

Hmm why am I thinking about Geroge Clooney while smoking this? LOL 😆

Hmm maybe a new movie? 🎥 🍿

The Adventures of the Brown Clunee! LOL rotf

What the heck is the meaning of Clunee, anyone know? hmm 🤔

Be well everyone! ❤️

289E8F35-B426-4387-B57A-7F882E0E786B.jpeg

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
What year was that Dunhill made? Very nice pipe, man.
Hi Jim! Thank you. I think it is from 1998. It's got a 38 after "Made in England" and the Dunhill logo is inside an ellipse. I've had the burnt rim repaired since the picture was taken (I didn't burn it; it's a second-hand pipe). I love the way this pipe feels in my hand and it smokes very well. Hope you are doing fine. Are you going to the Muletown Pipe Show in two weeks?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Sutliff Private Stock Hill of Slane (Limited Edition) in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time. Working on a review of this blend.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Hi Jim! Thank you. I think it is from 1998. It's got a 38 after "Made in England" and the Dunhill logo is inside an ellipse. I've had the burnt rim repaired since the picture was taken (I didn't burn it; it's a second-hand pipe). I love the way this pipe feels in my hand and it smokes very well. Hope you are doing fine. Are you going to the Muletown Pipe Show in two weeks?
Glad you enjoy the pipe, man. I'm well and hope you are, too. I don't do shows. Can't afford the expense. Wish I could, though.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: So this afternoon, your friend and humble narrator - Sherm Natman - received a week-early surprise Birthday Gift from The Amazing Wifey. Seems she overheard me talking on the phone last week with one of the Brothers about "always wanting a Peterson Sherlock Holmes, LeStrade".

Well, it seems my clever little minx, ferreted one of these out from SP and made it appear.

I love Doyle's Holmes as much as I love the writing and mythos of H.P. Lovecraft, soooo... I've decided to break this bad boy in with some 2018 C&D's Miskatonic Mixture - essentially a Katerini (Oriental from Greece) - forward VaPer - for lack of a way better description - and has some Black Cav in there to really smooth it out and thicken up the smoke, for a truly delightful smoking experience. Makes LOADS of wonderfully impressive Eldritch smoke tendrils - adding to your aura of mysteriousness 👍

The 5.3" Peterson Sherlock Holmes Heritage - LeStrade XL23, is a smooth big apple, with sterling silver band, Vulcanite deeply bent stem, and P-Lip button. Even though it weighs-in at 3 ounces this is still a decent hanger, thanks to the P-Lip ridge.

Peterson_LeStrade.jpg

Oh... Apparently SP included a tin of C&D's 2023 St. Patrick's Day Reserve with the purchase of a new Peterson pipe from them. Seeing as a I am NOT really an Aero-Guy... Not sure what I will do with it.

All-in-all a wonderful early surprise we had today, thanks to Wifey! - Sherm Natman

Attachments

• 1677889750461.png
    1677889750461.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 0

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Now Smoking: So this afternoon, your friend and humble narrator - Sherm Natman - received a week-early surprise Birthday Gift from The Amazing Wifey. Seems she overheard me talking on the phone last week with one of the Brothers about "always wanting a Peterson Sherlock Holmes, LeStrade".

Well, it seems my clever little minx, ferreted one of these out from SP and made it appear.

I love Doyle's Holmes as much as I love the writing and mythos of H.P. Lovecraft, soooo... I've decided to break this bad boy in with some 2018 C&D's Miskatonic Mixture - essentially a Katerini (Oriental from Greece) - forward VaPer - for lack of a way better description - and has some Black Cav in there to really smooth it out and thicken up the smoke, for a truly delightful smoking experience. Makes LOADS of wonderfully impressive Eldritch smoke tendrils - adding to your aura of mysteriousness 👍

The 5.3" Peterson Sherlock Holmes Heritage - LeStrade XL23, is a smooth big apple, with sterling silver band, Vulcanite deeply bent stem, and P-Lip button. Even though it weighs-in at 3 ounces this is still a decent hanger, thanks to the P-Lip ridge.

View attachment 206824

Oh... Apparently SP included a tin of C&D's 2023 St. Patrick's Day Reserve with the purchase of a new Peterson pipe from them. Seeing as a I am NOT really an Aero-Guy... Not sure what I will do with it.

All-in-all a wonderful early surprise we had today, thanks to Wifey! - Sherm Natman
OUTSTANDING -- And do express our collected appreciation for her impressive care and consideration to your wife! What a gal!

Status
Not open for further replies.