PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A break in the rain allowed me to do a set of walking reps, and I smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. It's time for some lunch and coffee.
Molina_Apple.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Earlier this evening, 2008 McClelland No.22 in a Savinelli Zulu.

I cracked this tin to celebrate a couple of things. I got through recovery from oral surgery, so it’s my first smoke in 3 weeks. It was also my first bowl in my new [to me; it’s 100 years old] house, which we’ve been renovating for several months. We moved right after I had the surgery (yes, that was really $&@?ing stupid of me). I wanted a whole house fan, so I had one installed not in the typical second floor hallway location, but rather in the spare bedroom that serves as my office. I close the door, open the window and turn on the house fan, and it’s my smoking den. As long as I close the heat vent, I’m isolated from the HVAC system, and it works perfectly. As long as I didn’t sit directly between the window and the fan, it wasn’t even chilly. No lingering odor.

A good friend joined me, and we both were struck with how sweet the blend was. It had a candy-like sweetness on the finish. Not quite deep enough in flavor to be really interesting, but with 15 years of age, it was smooth as silk.

View attachment 206597
Congratulations on the new to you house! I live in a 173 year old house so I know all about renovations. They never stop😂. I often wonder how many pipe smokers may have lived here before me.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just finished a nice bowl of Peterson Flake in my Savinelli 313 Prince. I started it last night; the weather was pleasant and still to start out, then a wind picked up from the direction of the neighboring town with the sewage waste treatment plant, and they had their work cut out for them by the smell of it. Not a good pairing, so I saved the latter half of the bowl for later. It’s overcast and breezy, but manageable today.

F17757E6-9BC6-423B-BB97-B172351D821F.jpeg

Since this is one of my newer pipes and I haven’t run a bunch of garbage through it, I think I’m going to dedicate it to lighter Virginia blends. I’ve read that a few of them only really “sing” after a dedicated run in a clean pipe.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.