PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Smoking some 4noggins Covered Bridges in a Medico Ventilator pipe. My first time smoking this blend. It's my usual smoking experience: The first quarter of the bowl is bitter; quarters 2 and 3 are the sweet spot; quarter #4 starts to give burning problems. I'm in the sweet spot right now - nice smoke!

No 5-5 Medico Ventilator.JPG

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Altinay.

Nedim Altinay to be exact.
Thanks. Altinay… I’ve been seeing that name a lot lately. Does he make his pipes with a nice open draft? That’s been my biggest set back with meers, I do like my IMP, though it’s still a bit more restricted than I personally like but it’s acceptable. I open up the draft holes on all my briars but I’m afraid to attempt that on a meerschaum. I blame Rick Newcombe. Haha.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Started again with GLP Telegraph Hill, but this time in a .70" bore small Upshall Bulldog instead of the .75" bore Tillshead Semibent used yesterday. Made all the difference - the smaller bore revealed lovely Virginia notes that were muddled or missing with the larger bore. May try it in an MM Cob this afternoon.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thanks. Altinay… I’ve been seeing that name a lot lately. Does he make his pipes with a nice open draft? That’s been my biggest set back with meers, I do like my IMP, though it’s still a bit more restricted than I personally like but it’s acceptable. I open up the draft holes on all my briars but I’m afraid to attempt that on a meerschaum. I blame Rick Newcombe. Haha.
Yes this is much more open than some of my other meers with the screw in tenon pieces.

PXL_20230303_163533456.MP.jpg

Worth every penny. And this little pipe, was a lot of pennies for a cheapskate like me. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.