PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
McCranies Red ribbon 1996 crop tinned in 2005 from a recent pipestud drop that arrived today!!! In a very special Alden.

Tin is super aged as the tobacco going in to it but it lacks any plume or crystalization? Definitely not like my aged St. James flake!
It has the vinegary/ketchupy aroma upon opening and is a gentle and delightful smoke.

Which is what I think is inhibiting the plume, possibly?!

Either way, wish I was in the game back in 2005! Nice treat for sure!
cheers!

PXL_20210122_204553860.jpg

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Two firsts for me: Wilke Lizzie Blood Red Virginia in a new to me Benni Jorgensen. Seems like a good match! LBRV is delightful so far. The topping is subtle and really compliments the VAs. Thanks @jiminks! I came to this tobacco by seeing it often pop up in the “What Are You Smoking” posts from you. Well worth a try and will likely pick up a pound. 89047AB5-DE76-4E08-BA23-49FBD3FFB90A.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Two firsts for me: Wilke Lizzie Blood Red Virginia in a new to me Benni Jorgensen. Seems like a good match! LBRV is delightful so far. The topping is subtle and really compliments the VAs. Thanks @jiminks! I came to this tobacco by seeing it often pop up in the “What Are You Smoking” posts from you. Well worth a try and will likely pick up a pound. View attachment 72597
I'm glad to be of help to you. When you order that pound, tell John you're a friend of mine. He likes knowing that.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I'm glad to be of help to you. When you order that pound, tell John you're a friend of mine. He likes knowing that.
You’re always a help! I love reading what your smoking and your reviews always give great insight. Will pass that on to John on my next order. Next smoke will be one of the Wilke Latakia blends I ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.