PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Bowl #10 in my Astas Meer claw. I thought the coloring on the side claws may have been from me holding it there. But the claw stem side is doing it too. I've never touched it there.

Pegasus tonight.

View attachment 321029View attachment 321030

Must be smoke hitting it there.

Nice pipe!
I ordered 4 oz. of Pegasus on Friday. I am looking forward to trying it for the first time.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Been relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm off to work with a bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

Tongue-Fried

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2024
NC Foothills
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, fed Harry the Hairy, cleaned a few pipes, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Per G. Jensen Blender’s Collection Virginia in a smooth brown medium bend 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A dublin sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. This is one of my best straight Va. pipes. I'm still giving thought to a rating for this blend. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 320964

What style are the other pipes from your collection that you prefer for straight Virginia, or feel are better suited to those blends? Do you feel like your “meatier”/thicker-bowl pipes seem to smoke a straight Virginia best?

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
1999 Old Gowrie in my Herbaugh bamboo dublin.

IMG-1314.png

Status
Not open for further replies.