Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heading to Ybor later this week hopefully will find some good sticks, and also look for the signpuffy
Nice! I'm going back, probably tomorrow.
The sign was from Sweetwater Park in Gainesville. I'm developing property in Keystone Heights and had to travel to Ocala to talk to a contractor there, so i figured i might as well go the rest of the way and check it out that day.
Enjoy the trip! :)

Today, i had some Dockworker in the Dulger meer after breakfast.

Dulger Dockworker.JPG

This is how i roll...

2 pipes rollin.JPG

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Trying out Peter Stokkebye PS24 Nougat for the second time tonight, in my trusty Morgan Bones Milan.

View attachment 319720

I usually enjoy aromatics and Peter Stokkebye is a good blender, but for some reason I just don't get much flavor from this one. Even when kept burning slow and cool with just a tiny ember lit, I don't get much more than a watered down burley nuttiness and a very mild marshmallowy flavor. The room note is fantastic, almost like fresh baked cookies, but the actual flavor of the smoke is so mild that I really have to search hard to taste anything.

In spite this blend's rather legendary status from being the tobacco that was smoked on set in the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings films, I'm just not really digging it. PS24 Nougat isn't a bad blend, it's just mild to the point of being uninteresting; to me at least.
Similar for me re PS Nougat. My sample is in a jar somewhere. Probably will mix with...Yorktown or Exclusive to see what happens.

rmcnabb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2024
Broke open a rarity, a 24 year old tin of Old Gowrie. Seal held perfectly and the contents are perfectly dry/moist. It smells like citrus and maybe plums and maybe some BBQ sauce and maybe cedar and leaf litter from the forest floor. The taste is not sweet - the sugars have departed leaving behind earth and wood and a sort of spruce pine fir quality, lumberyard, burnt ends of salty meat. Toasted bread on the nose. Smoked in my favorite walking pipe, my trusty Invicta Briars bent bulldog.

KIMG0003[171].JPG

KIMG0005[170].JPG

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
My Pikey Caravan Puck in a Peterson Sportsman 87.
I’m actually surprised with how well it turned out. 6.5 weeks after coming out of press, it’s still a well formed cake that rubs out easily and smokes nicely with hardly any relights. I’ve got another batch melding in its sous-vide bag to be pressed up.
I may have to send a sample pick to someone with a less goat-like palate than mine for objective feedback…
IMG_1067.jpeg
Fresh out of press last month:
IMG_0454.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.