PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all - and Congrats to jayteest along with Happy Birthday to streeper541!! Started with LJ Peretti Smith's Own in the Charatan 318 Poker. A favorite blend from days past and still as good as I remember. The blend's author, the late Steve Smith, was a fixture at the Peretti store in Boston as many of you know, and I had the pleasure of giving him a straight grain Peretti Billiard with gold band about 15 years ago. I had showed him the pipe and he just had to have it on the spot which he demonstrated by immediately sticking it in his maw and happily walking off (PS It was a terrible jaw hanger).

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Trying J.C.’s Double Pressed Kentucky in a clay this morning. I’m not sure how I feel about this blend yet. It’s good…definitely different from my norm. I certainly enjoy trying new blends. I like hearing them take their first breath! Hope you fine folks are enjoying Tuesday. View attachment 319771
@Speak Easy Do you think this one would suit the King's Clay?

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Hmm. This will be a first for me as well. War Horse Bar in a clay. Whilst cutting this plug the smell reminded me of bug spray, which in turn reminded me I need to spray the exterior of the house again. So I’ll be smoking this bug spray while spraying for bugs. 🤔 80A5ABC6-7FA1-48EF-B470-3AB831B4917C.jpeg
Edit to say it tastes surprisingly better than it smells. Will repeat but probably not often. 😊
Edit again to say this bowl has progressed in ways I did not anticipate. Pretty dang good!

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps in the stifling heat and humidity, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rehydrated, and smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Dunno why this blend was named "Modern Virginia" when it has a noticeable ten percent burley, but it is tasty.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg