PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mpjetset

Might Stick Around
Lee Von Erck20240625_181004.jpg
Lee Von Erck twist freehand that I've quicly coaxed to an almost imperceptible gurgle for maxim flavor from old Ashton Black Parrot, and I just found the cookie while typing. This is my best smoking pipe. Guiness Extra Stout accompanying. Darn, crossed the line and lost the cookie as the gurgle emerged. I lost concentration.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
2020 Savinelli Janus in a Radice

52891064073_e4a294af69_o.jpg

mpjetset

Might Stick Around
My main meer was in desperate need of a long-overdue cleaning. Nasty build up of pipe cleaner fluff and tar behind the tenon and the mortise piece was cemented in place. Spent an hour and a half on that, most of which was carefully trying to get the mortise part out. She's drying right now before I put a new mortise/tenon in.

View attachment 319850

View attachment 319851View attachment 319852View attachment 319853View attachment 319854
Wow, how long/many smokes do you think it took to build that up?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Creme Brulee in the Vauen Olaf bent egg with 9mm filter at the end of the day in a lawnchair in the shade as the heat dissipated, watching UPS deliver something to my neighbor across the street. UPS is 20 minutes northeast of me and they delivered my tobacco to the USPS 25 minutes northwest of me for delivery tomorrow. Yes, they may have driven past my house on the way there ! 🤷‍♂️ c'est le guerre !

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Worked a bit in the garden. Going so so with that. Last rain we got was .5 inches on the sixth. We are forecasted to get some rain Thursday which makes it 3 weeks with no rain. I've been watering the garden but that just basically keeps it alive. I'll chalk this one up as a bad year and start planning for next year. Smoking WCC ACP.20230203_181430.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2004 GLP Stratford in a smooth dark brown medium bend post-1949 Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. First time smoking this pipe. Watching the Pirates-Reds game until the Braves-Cards game starts.
Peterson_80S_Kildare_bulldog.jpg

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Wow, how long/many smokes do you think it took to build that up?
6 months or a year? I don't remember when I last cleaned it, which was also the only time I've cleaned it so far. I only smoke it once a day.

Though I can say, in the 1.6 years I have had it, I have never taken the tenon piece out or replaced it until now.

Last edited:

mpjetset

Might Stick Around
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2004 GLP Stratford in a smooth dark brown medium bend post-1949 Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. First time smoking this pipe. Watching the Pirates-Reds game until the Braves-Cards game starts.
View attachment 319863
How do you store the Stratford? My tins are that old and I'm getting worried. Haddo's, Stonehenge, Inverness, and a little Fez, too. They've been mostly in food saver bags.