PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
I was looking for something different tonight, so pulled out some PS Luxury Twist Flake. The topping on this tobacco made me immediately think of the Trypis Zulu that was shipped to me wrapped in a towel washed in some nasty smelling laundry detergent. Despite sanitizing the hell out of it, it’s still ghosted. May need to go in the oven. Before I go there, I figured I’d try smoking a few bowls of this to see if I can replace the laundry ghost, with the ghost of what for me is as close to an aromatic as I have in my collection. Should be fun!

View attachment 316946
Redo tonight. Still get the odd laundry detergent essence coming through but it’s rare. Got lazy and tried the fold’n’stuff meathod with these square PS LTFs. Always rub out! Can’t get a good smoke this way.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Been digging into the new stash. All the HU offerings have been worth every penny. Everything i've tried so far is at least solid/good and at best excellent. That's rare when trying a bunch of new things from one company, in my experience.

But for now i'm working on coloring the new Dulger meer. Smoke #45 in this one. Salty Dogs. Fresh off the plane and onto the cutting board where my clever made short work of some flakes. ;)

Dulger Salty Dogs.JPG

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This reminded me that I jarred a tin of MB HH Pure Virginia a little over two years ago. I tried a bowl when I jarred it, and it was OK considering my poor smoking technique at the time, being a newbie. I noticed that you smoke this blend frequently. Does it get smoother with age? Should I try it again now or give it more time? My senses of taste and smell are pretty dull so not sure if I would notice a difference, ha, ha.

BTW...I love that pipe.
It improves significantly with age. You'd taste it now but 3 to 5 years is better.

TheHellYeah

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2023
Porto, Portugal
instagram.com
Mixed reply here… sorry in advance for that.
Living in Portugal is a huge handicap if you are a pipe smoker. I’ve finally discovered a place in Spain(Galicia) which will allow me to enjoy new blends and some well established ones. I know that for some of you this might be something you just find around the corner and not something new!
1st. pic - The blends I bought in my first visit over there.
2nd pic - My choice for today. Peterson 965 Mixture in a Peterson Kildare.

Attachments

• IMG_9775.jpeg
    IMG_9775.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9776.jpeg
    IMG_9776.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 4