PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dublinpiper90

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
GLP Navigator in a Pete SH Hudson

52891001285_44eec95671_o.jpg
Do all the Hudson shape pipes come with that style PLip stem the ones on SP don’t look like they have a bend in it? I like yours i wouldn’t want one with a straight stem.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Do all the Hudson shape pipes come with that style PLip stem the ones on SP don’t look like they have a bend in it? I like yours i wouldn’t want one with a straight stem.
All of the Hudsons I’ve ever seen are bent. It’s part of what defines the shape. From SP’s description:

”Also referred to as the "XL21," the bowl's forward cant and easy transition echo the stem's slight downward turn, lending the muscular form a sense of elegance. Its robust proportions, especially the extra substance lent to the shank and transition speak of the Irish marque's own design manifest: classic English shapes, tweaked in proportions to create something unique in and of itself.”

Do a search on SP for XL21 and it will show all of their Hudsons. They’re all bent to varying degrees. Some are more bent than others.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Dragged the chainsaw up a ladder and took care of some broken limbs (before they fell and took care of us), changed out the rotted Schrader valves in the tractor’s rear tires, and finally welded up a latch on the back door of the shop.
IMG_0657.jpeg
GLP Jack Knife Plug/Navigator and a few rounds of Irish Flake were smoked in the Ropp J11P.