PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I have yet to buy a clay, although I’m very intrigued by them. How well do they smoke compared to briar and cob.
They have of course, a lot smaller bowl, but I like the amount for a quicker smoke. (Not as fast as Clay King though. I like to taste my tobacco!😊) I find clays, especially the long ones, smoke very cool and pleasant. I learned quickly to hold it by the shank. The bowl gets pretty darn hot. But the smoke is cooler. Heat sink effect maybe. I don't know. But I like em. Espec for virginias, flakes, plugs.

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Had a "chili Bosky" and an Aspall dry cider at our local Irish pub and am now enjoying some wonderful Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired in my Peterson Irish Harp Sandblasted 80s Fishtail. Cider goes really well with this blend -- works together to make a sort of applewood-smoked BBQ flavor.

PS: I finally learned and included the blend in my pic! :)
IMG_4239.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two swordfish steaks and green beans dinner. M'lady is making strawberry ice cream. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Yankees game.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg