Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I think you should start writing tobacco reviews. You have very entertaining and colorful descriptions of what you smoke. I'd be following them!

Why thank you! I'm often hesitant to do a formal review of tobaccos since I feel like you have to smoke a blend at least half a dozen times and in a few different pipes to really know it well enough to do a proper review, and many of the blends I try end up being a one and done affair for me. It's not often I find a blend I like enough to smoke half a dozen or more times, but I do still like writing up my impressions of them!puffy

For this morning's smoke I just finished a bowl of Gawith Hoggarth Kendal Dark in the Dr. Grabow Lark again. I was a touch worried that it might be too punchy to smoke first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but I feel really pleasantly relaxed and awake with no ill effects so it seems just fine to me!

IMG20240415164210~2.jpg

Edit: On a side note, I just ordered an ounce of Dark Bird's Eye and an ounce of Kendal Kentucky, since I do really like the mechanics, smoothness, and strength of Kendal Dark but the flavor isn't quite what I'm looking for. Fingers crossed that one of Gawith's other two dark fired shag cut blends will hit my tongue just right!

Last edited:

estate_cob

Lurker
Jun 21, 2024
Albany, NY
View attachment 320558
This thing in this thing. Two more B&M scores. When I was in there, a dad was explaining pipes to his kid.

Scottish 60 shilling homebrew on the side.

What the hell? It's Friday.

(Me Googling: "how to open tin pipe tobacco.")
Dang, that was some good stuff. Reminded me of quality scotch. Fourth class of tobacco I've tried (after aro, Virginia, and perique). Those English (or Turks?) really know what they're doing.

Butter Side Down

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2023
Chicago
Ordered some GH scented flake 1oz samples from SP to give them another shot since my tastes have changed pretty dramatically since I last had them. Tonight I'm trying GH Brown Flake aromatic. Short review, I like it but I don't feel the need to write a letter to the folks about it. Kind of tastes like a 50/50 mix of 1792 and Erinmore. Pipe is a new AKB meer purchased specially for the project.

20240628_192051.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken primavera and sugar snap peas dinner with a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm smoking year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Pirates game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Architeuthis

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
2019 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky in a Baronet bruyere 510. The pipe is plenty big for two of the small flakes, but one gives a nice 45 min smoke. Since this stuff is no longer available, I think I'll stick with one flake at a time and make it last a little longer.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Enjoyed a bowl of Match Victorian/Winchester 50/50 home pressed cake in a Lee medium pear 3 star saddle stem.
No pics, horses and wife were going crazy bcause we had a monsoon micro-burst nail us mid chores.
Not to get out of the wet clothes…IMG_1105.jpeg
Wasn’t a big cell, but wind went zero to 50mph out of nowhere.
Edit-
Pretty cool after:
IMG_1107.jpeg

Last edited:

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2008 Escudo in my Castello bent bulldog.

IMG-1311.png

Status
Not open for further replies.