PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
A parfait of Creme Brulee and Lane 1-Q in my unlabeled Cellini Hungarian. This pipe always smokes dry and sweet and all the way to the bottom. This particular piece of briar is an outstanding smoker. Unfortunately I believe it was thrown together after the factory closed and the stem has stress fractures on the top and does not seem completely bent. The bowl is so good though, I may contact one of our members and see if a new stem can be made for it. Preferably with a 6mm filter and a bit longer with a proper bend. Great tobacco and great pipe bowl. It has a 20mmx50mm chamber too ! (Photo is from seller Judperl).

Attachments

• 1718494237858.jpeg
    1718494237858.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Watching UFC Fight Night, Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira. Taira is twenty-four years old, and 15–0 thus far. This should be interesting. Going to have Cornell & Diehl Small Batch Folklore (2022, 805/1000) in an unbranded, unmarked, Magnum-sized Swan Neck LC (Large Curve) with a horn stem with an orific bit; this pipe is most likely French in origin, and may be from the late 19th or early 20th Century—it is curve drilled, has a bone tenon, and a cork mortise.

View attachment 317634
@Humblepipe

I forgot to add that this smoke is dedicated to the late wife of @prairiedruid

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Very nice pipe there !!! puffy puffy puffy
Thanks… I like it.

Picked up cheap, the stem had straightened out, probably from being left in the sun on a dashboard. I re-bent the stem.

The stummel was wiped with alcohol to get rid of the accumulated grime. Lightly buffed with white diamond to raise the grain, then finished with several coats of blonde shellac and once again buffed with white diamond to bring up the shine.

Chamber floor needed work. I sanded the chamber and recoated with a mixture of waterglass and activated charcoal. Once dried I sanded it with spire pointed grinding bit. Makes for a nice taper. The draft hole comes out a hair above the bottom, which allows for smoking all the tobacco down to the bottom.

Like smoking a well drilled brand new pipe… 😄

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Smoking my first Peretti’s-Royal with some absinthe. This is a really good Balkan. I definitely prefer this to White Knight. It is supposed to be close to Balkan Sobranie. It’s definitely got that Oriental/Latakia pop to it with sweet Virginias. Reminds me a bit of Charing Cross or Levant Mixture. Immediately, I want to buy more. Does anyone know if the 8 oz paint style cans are pressurized and are good for long term storage?IMG_0450.jpeg

Last edited:

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Enjoyed a bowl of PSLNF in an Al Pascia meerschaum bent billiard with a nice glass of iced sun tea. Stopped about a third of the way in to put on some long pants and a flannel. No complaints here! 9.4/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, House finch, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, Western bluebird, Hairy woodpecker, Mountain chickadee, and California kingbird.

Preparing for my usual Saturday Scrabble match with wifey...I'm due for an ass-kicking! :cry:

al pascia meer.jpg