PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Silverwing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
Got some new tobaccos to try, and also some I’ve had before. This is a new one. The box had Dark Flake Aromatic and Ennerdale in it, it literally ghosted my mailbox. I wish that were an exaggeration.

This is Captain Earle’s (by C&D) Honor Blend. It’s a VaPer that includes orientals and is in a Peterson System Spigot 312, rusticated with a sterling silver spigot mounted black tapered vulcanite stem.

Update: This tin had at least a year of age on it when I received it today. It’s very good. I recommend it. I love when VaPers include oriental varietals.
IMG_0837.jpeg

Last edited:

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
GLP Charing Cross in a Peter Hedegaard bent brandy.

1716415195476.png

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
War Horse Green in a Missouri Meerschaum Little Devil Cutty. I am still not sure just how much I like the Green relative to the Bar (for one, I agree with @JimInks that the nicotine seems less powerful in the Green), but judging from the lingering fragrance in my moustache, those around me probably prefer the Green.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I have green beans coming out of my ears right now. Making a huge pot of country style green beans tommorow for my dad and jarring several quarts today. I'm overwhelmed with summer squash and so are my neighbors! I've got a half dozen egg plant ready to pick in the next day or so. This is the time all the work becomes worth it, but I'm worried about the drought/heatwave coming.
My egg plants will be in full swing next week. There had to have been 2 dozen blooms on each plant. I'm gonna be swamped. Like you my beans are in full swing. I'm going out to pick more right now. The pink eyed purple hulls are doing really good. The upcoming forecast has me worried also. Smoking some Grousemoor.20230203_181430.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Watching UFC Fight Night, Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira. Taira is twenty-four years old, and 15–0 thus far. This should be interesting. Going to have Cornell & Diehl Small Batch Folklore (2022, 805/1000) in an unbranded, unmarked, Magnum-sized Swan Neck LC (Large Curve) with a horn stem with an orific bit; this pipe is most likely French in origin, and may be from the late 19th or early 20th Century—it is curve drilled, has a bone tenon, and a cork mortise.

20240615_190549.jpg
@Humblepipe