PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Thank you Sir! I'll bet it's a real treat eating French cooking everyday:)
It is but I do miss a few things. What I really miss in the US is the diversity of food. Unless you are in a big city food is still very regional and very traditional. In the US you take for granted being able to go out for great Thai, chineese, Greek...whatever. Here its pretty limited. I did find a great little hole in the wall in the city about 50 mintues from home. Its got great Thai. But the cheese is unbeatable and I love duck which is a staple.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
My daughter is having her birthday party today so I won't get to the garden until later. It's going to be a hot and dry week for us here. I actually got half an inch of rain last night which was unexpected.
Last night I was able to can 9 quarts of green beans, freeze 8 pounds of broccoli and 6 pints of bannana pepper rings. I picked some peppers for fajitas this week and it looks like I have some egg plants ready. Once this heat settles in the tomatoes should kick into gear.
I have green beans coming out of my ears right now. Making a huge pot of country style green beans tommorow for my dad and jarring several quarts today. I'm overwhelmed with summer squash and so are my neighbors! I've got a half dozen egg plant ready to pick in the next day or so. This is the time all the work becomes worth it, but I'm worried about the drought/heatwave coming.