PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Sutliff Phantom Privateer Crumble Cake No. 6 Barrel Aged Series Limited Edition in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Matured red Va.s, stoved burley, SJ perique and barrel aged in rum for thirty days. Complex and very rich in flavor. Still writing and editing a review draft.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

I heard Abner the Eager crying and banging at my back door. As soon as I opened it, he snuck in, ate all the cat food, and started playing with a cat toy. Sleepy Suzy was definitely not amused, but I thought it was precious.
Peeking at me w:toy.jpg
Face hidden by toy.jpg

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Wessex Gold Virginia Flake in a BST Billiard.

a4IMG0248.jpeg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I was slow sipping some Lane 1-Q in my Barontini 1/2 spigot bent billiard and pondering an article I had just read and a point with which I disagreed, when I noticed a large spider running towards my face ... I flicked my pipe away and didn't see anything. Then I saw the tiny spider running across the driveway. It had come down from a tree and landed on my pipe shank and was running up the stem to my mouth when I flicked it away. They look really large up close !! I was enjoying the smoke so I wasn't entirely bothered. I find Lane 1-Q attracts bees and butterflys and now apparently spiders.
On a related note, I had hoped that smoking Shepherd's Pie, Mississippi Mud, and other latakia blends would discourage mosquitos, gnats, and the like. Alas, the experiment has not worked. Oh, the critters stay away from the pipe, and the smoke plume, but they land on my skin with impunity! :rolleyes:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Now smoking year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 228817

I heard Abner the Eager crying and banging at my back door. As soon as I opened it, he snuck in, ate all the cat food, and started playing with a cat toy. Sleepy Suzy was definitely not amused, but I thought it was precious.
View attachment 228818
View attachment 228819
Obviously, Abner has adopted you, whether your other cats like it or not. He's a beautiful cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.