PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
TGIF! It’s been a long week , playing catch up after all of last week‘s rain. I’m ready to relax with a bowl of Anthology in a billiard meer and a pour or two of bourbon. Have a great evening, all.

Cheers!

View attachment 230599
That Old Fitz is as good as it gets. Makes me want to make run up to Bardstown. The only place I can ever find it is the Heaven Hill distillery shop.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
Simply Orange in a Pete

53012972576_fb3b0d0792_o.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The HH Old Dark Fired was earlier, now ….. the just arrived Peterson Short Army No. 68 and KBV Mr. C’s Fallen Cherry. This is more cherry forward than the other KBV cherry and probably my favorite cherry - nice flavor, not like a cough drop, and tobacco-y as well! Spent the afternoon weeding, tilling then planting more flowers 🌸 for the wife (I like ‘em as well). Settling in for a long weekend - hope all are relaxing this fine Friday!IMG_2545.jpeg

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Two in one day!
Mystery Lat Blend D-
PXL_20230630_233113275.jpg

Baggy note, definitely grandma's basement, maybe a note of general tso's chicken.
Pretty crispy, remoistured post-packing by cupping a hand over the bowl and impersonating Darth Vader.

Very gentle latakia. Either the moisture level has affected it, or perhaps this is the legendary Syrian Latakia my fellow passengers detected in Blend A.
Sleight note of inflatable swimming pool on the retrohale. I also get some floral notes reminiscent perhaps of violet, which reminds me that I need to restock on that violet chewing gum I like.
I just tried a French inhale, which didn't go very impressively, but did reveal a bit more woodiness than I had previously given the blend credit for. Scotch-like. Aftertaste very pleasant, kind of like chewing one of those disposable wooden ice cream spoons that still has some sweet left on it.

Having a great deal of fun with mystery blends, taking these notes and trying to both pick out individual flavor notes and figure out how to describe them. So far my favorite has been either C or D.

Status
Not open for further replies.