PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I'll likely end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
Last night, finished off the Pure Virginia, and pulled out the Tilbury, which is nearing its end as well--talk about a blend that has to be sipped. Every blend behaves so differently. I can puff harder on the Pure Virginia and get great non-bite flavor, but the same pull on the Tilbury left me nothing. It wasn't till I barely sipped that the leather apricot/peach came through really nicely.

nelamvr6

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2023
Some Early Morning Pipe in a sandblasted tomato by Neal Monier

rkqSqsN.jpg

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
ODF in an S Bang made for European Market, takes a filter. Also, included my newest 2 Lasse Scovgaards because they look nice. 😂 I’m fairly new to thinking about different sandblast styles. It’s interesting here looking at S Bang blast vs Scovgaard. I think the S Bang is deeper and has the best ring grain.

Question to whoever wants to answer: How long do you hold on to pipes you aren’t reaching for before selling or trading? I’m about to trade a bunch but I’m on the fence about a few of them.
IMG_5598.jpeg

Last edited:

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Last night, finished off the Pure Virginia, and pulled out the Tilbury, which is nearing its end as well--talk about a blend that has to be sipped. Every blend behaves so differently. I can puff harder on the Pure Virginia and get great non-bite flavor, but the same pull on the Tilbury left me nothing. It wasn't till I barely sipped that the leather apricot/peach came through really nicely.
I want to try Tilbury, it is on my bucket list of overpriced tobacco 😂. Dorchester and Dunbar are so good!

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Starting this last day of June on a KBV run, namely Red Line ("most sippable Carolina Reds" etc.) in an Upshall sandblast Canadian size 4. Will end the calendar day with Matured Fragrant Virginia in a companionable Upshall, too. Lovely pipes back there, Ben.R.C.!

Status
Not open for further replies.