PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
3P’s in the Yello Bole at the mo, had some 1820 in the Bog Oak horn before. A bottle of Adnams Broadside on the side.
... and speaking about Adnams ...

20210605_195218.jpg

... and the chatter about Chimay gave me a warm feeling inside thinking about Chimay Bleu/nectar of the gods. What Belgium is probably most famous for that is apart from Hergé and his wonderful Tintin books

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Dorchester in an MM Missouri Pride. A high-end/low-end contradiction that I happen to love. What would the opposite be? Smoking a codger blend out of a Gert Holbek?
View attachment 83257
Nothing “low-end” about a cob. It’s really a fitting thing if you think about it. One distinctly American crop plant being used to smoke another.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Since this is an off-diet day, I made the most of it at dinner tonight: a small salad, a giant plate of pot roast and two big slices of m'lady's freshly made Boston Creme Pie with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on the side. I'm smoking well aged Art’s Virginia in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth rhodesian meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. The pipe and tobacco were a gift from the late Art Arterburn. I sure miss that man. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
WhitePipe_Rhodesian_Smoked.jpg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Since this is an off-diet day, I made the most of it at dinner tonight: a small salad, a giant plate of pot roast and two big slices of m'lady's freshly made Boston Creme Pie with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on the side. I'm smoking well aged Art’s Virginia in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth rhodesian meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. The pipe and tobacco were a gift from the late Art Arterburn. I sure miss that man. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 83290
I remember you posting when he passed, and the funny story about him going to the police station. I think it’s nice that you have the pipe as a memento of your friendship.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
View attachment 83290
Beautiful

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I remember you posting when he passed, and the funny story about him going to the police station. I think it’s nice that you have the pipe as a memento of your friendship.
Art gave me sixteen pipes. This meer is the most special of them. His Art's Virginia is wonderful, and I only smoke it in this pipe. Stoved, it reminds me a little of Stonehaven.

Art said after he was gone, whenever I smoked one of the pipes he gave me, that I would miss him. He was right, but that was an understatement. God rest his soul.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Watching the Mets-Padres game. DeGrom sure could use some help from his team.
Dunhill_1952Apple_ODA_Bruyere_806 B124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.