PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
Had a fail and an enjoyable surprise this morning.

Fail - St Bruno from when it was still only available in Europe with the very thin flakes. Bit me and tasted flat. Although it was a little dry, I think it was more me than the tobacco. I am re-hydrating this jar in hopes it tastes better.

Surprise- SG FVF from 08. Haven’t smoked FVF, any vintage, in many years. I could never get a good smoke. This morning was different and I finally had a great smoke and enjoyed every puff. Deep, dark and rich instead of light, airy and hot. Will revisit this jar again very soon.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Smoker’s Pride Mellow Taste in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.49) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega military mount with a nickel band and a black vulcanite stem with a p-lip. Community Coffee is brewing. The bad weather means no walking reps today, durn it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am about half way through this bowl of McClelland 5100 in a smooth straight WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. This will finish up my open stash.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through the last of this tin of year 2014 HU Directors Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. I'll take a break from this blend, and smoke Rolando's Own in this pipe for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.